In this week’s box you will find the slightly unusual Kohlrabi. A member of the cabbage family, the name actually translates to mean, ‘turnip cabbage’. This strange looking veg is mild and slightly sweet in flavour with an added crunch and crispy texture. It’s a great addition to any winter dinner plate.
Sauteed Kohlrabi with Onions & Cheese
Cubes of peeled kohlrabi
Thinly slices white onion
Finely shredded kohlrabi leaves
Thick double cream
Salt and pepper to season
1. Cook kohlrabi and onion in butter over medium-high heat until almost tender.
2. Stir in kohlrabi leaves, and cook until wilted.
3. Add a generous splash of heavy cream, and cook for a few seconds to reduce.
4. Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
5. Serve with chicken, pork chops, or steak
For more ideas on how to eat the vegetables in this week’s box, try searching on our webpage for past blogs!
This Week’s Bounty
Red Cara Potatoes, Perry Court
Sprout Tops, Lancs
Apples, Kent (All Boxes)
Grapefruit, ESP (Medium & Large Boxes)
Blood Oranges, ESP (Large Boxes)