Nothing beats a hearty bowl of soup on a cold, wet Sunday! This Carrot and Jerusalem Artichoke Soup is our current favourite. See the recipe below to give it a go yourself. You can expect Jerusalem Artichokes and Carrots in your veg boxes throughout Winter.
Time Preparing: 15 mins
Time Cooking: 35 mins
– 500g Carrots
– 400g Jerusalem Artichokes
– 1 large Onion
– 2 Celery Stalks
– 1ltr Vegetable Stock
– 50g Butter
– Salt and Pepper for seasoning
– Creme Freche to serve (optional)
1. Peel and de-knobble your Jerusalem Artichokes before cutting them into cubes about 3cm. As you’re doing this, place the artichokes into a bowl of salty water to avoid them discolouring
2. Peel and chops the carrots, celery and onion, before adding them to a pan with the butter. Cook on a medium heat for 5 minutes then add the artichokes. Cook for a further 5 minutes until the vegetables begin to soften.
3. Add the stock then leave to simmer for a further 25-30 minutes (until the vegetables are really soft)
4. Blend the mixture in two parts, then add to the pan to heat, whilst seasoning with salt and pepper. Serve with creme freche.