This weeks box contains January King Cabbage, a typically hardy winter cabbage!
We’ve stumbled across an amazing recipe which will incorporate a mixture of this week’s veg – particularly for the standard boxes.
Seaseme Ginger Sauteed Cabbage & Carrots!
– ginger root (from box) finely chopped
– 2 garlic cloves – finely chopped
– 1 cabbage (from box)
– 3 carrots (from box)
– spring onion bunch
– 1tbsp red wine vinegar
– 2tbsp soya sauce
– sesame oil
1. Start by heating your oil in a deep skillet before adding your ginger and garlic.
2. Stir for a minute or so to release the flavours, before adding your shredded cabbage and chopped carrots.
3. Saute on a medium heat until slightly wilted – around 5-10 minutes
4. Add vinegar and soya sauce and stir for another minute
In local news, This Sunday Cranbrook Community Centre and Food Garden are hosting the Cranbrook Community Harvest Festival and Bethnal Green Fun Day, which is running from midday. Amongst many other activities, you’ll find face painting, henna body art, herbal tea making and even a pickling demonstration. Harvest season is among us, so if you’re looking for some Autumn fun, we’d highly suggest heading down!
As always, we’d love to see what you’ve created with your veg, so please don’t be shy and make sure you send us over a ‘before and after’ shot to guarantee an extra surprise in your next box.
For more ideas on how to eat the vegetables in this week’s box, try searching on our webpage for past blogs!
This Week’s Bounty
* Charlotte Potatoes, Perry Court
* Onions, Perry Court
* January King Cabbage, Lancs
* White Beetroot, Lancs
* Carrots, Lancs
Chili Peppers, Perry Court
Ginger, Perry Court
Mixed Tomatoes, Perry Court
Items starred (*) above
Globe Red Beets
* Cox Apples, Kent