We’ve recently covered lots of cooking and eating ideas for the vegetables in this week’s boxes so do search our webpage for past blog entries! This week though we are getting some lovely stone fruit for those of you with the fruit supplement, and it’s nectarines and apricots for the week.
- The Village Butty Summer Fete this Saturday 2pm to 10pm along Regent’s Canal on Mile End Park (along with various other events during the week) to help raise funds for a village hall for communities on and around the rivers and canals. It will be an amazing shared space for the local residential and boating communities, and anyone who uses the waterways and their towpaths. Join in on the crowdfunder!
- Tower Hamlets Day Festival also on Saturday 12pm to 7pm in near vicinity at Mile End Park Arts Pavilion (check out poster above)
- Shuffle Festival is back with another fantastic line-up for the year! The nature walks are highly recommended, and check out the Village Feast which is free to Tower Hamlets residents, the treehouse lunches and dinners which may include locally foraged ingredients, cheese talk and tasting, hip hop dance and of course all the glorious films (£5 tickets for E3 residents)
- Roman Road Summer Festival also kicks start this Sunday with the village screen and sports day celebrating tennis, Wimbledon and simply summer. Lots in the week ahead with a finale next Sunday 19th with a street market and Eid party
This Week’s Bounty
* Bakers, Kent
* Spring Onions, Perry Court
* Spring Greens, Perry Court
* Courgettes, Spain
Carrot Bunch, Norfolk
Sorrel, Perry Court
+ Mini Cucumber, Perry Court
Nectarines, Spain (standard only)